Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Trueno

Hey everyone, hope you had a lovely time voting for the next best embezzler of the year.. and keeping the sad tunes on, it's going to be one of these articles where everyone clicking on this link would be going "oh geez, not a freaking Trueno" but yes things are that bad in this country. But for me it's all good as my car's there to cheer me up. Today I treated her wounds slowly and painfully. 1st I removed her air filter and tenderly placed it on the floor prior to getting furious with the spanner for not being able to turn the screw for the radiator. Once I'm done with my swearing and thrown the all nuts and bolts allover the garage for making me work so hard (huh.. got them good....), I removed the battery.


Once all of these were removed I started my refurbishing job. Cleaned the radiator and bled the cooling system. As my radiator is anyway a leaky one I think doing this regularly would be good for my car. Once that was done I cleaned the battery mount area and put the battery back on without the plate which it normally sits on. This plate has been the culprit for the dent that's on my hood as the negative terminal seems to be jutting up too much..

Finally took my Apexi Power Intake air filter out and washed it. I'm a bit worried about washing it but now that I've done it no use of worrying. I was recommended to wash it by my mechanic (all so well known as Nadeera) and I hope the filter would be fine. I also did a quick research online but there was mixed feelings about washing and blowing it with pressured air.

Then came the hard task of putting them all back. I'm so bad at this but surprisingly I got it working fine and the car came to life without any hiccups. But let's see once I start driving it around this week.

So all-in-all a good week for my Panda. I changed my spark plugs back to my NGK Iriway 8s after I had to remove them in an unfortunate incident few weeks ago.

I'd like to hear from you guys about my car; whether you like the looks of it or not. The Trueno is an iconic machine around the world inspiring thousands to take up Drifting like it did for me. Well I'm no drifter but I'm building my car so that I can with minimal affect to its setup or having to replace bushings each time I take it for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment