Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pick of the week - Jana's B4ast

Hi guys! How is it going? The six-day long holiday started today and so I decided to publish my pick of the week as I had some time in hand before I gave my (beautiful) Trueno for a good cut and polish.

Before I introduce my guest let me ask you a question, what would you get reminded of if I say this car has a turbo charged boxer engine? I'm quite sure you'd get the right answer on the 2nd try at least! It can only be either a Impreza or a Legacy, am I correct?

Well, my pick of the week is one of the best specimens of the Legacy B4 (2000 model) in Sri Lanka and it is just absolutely gorgeous. It is immaculately maintained and my friend Jana, is going total freakish on that car. I’m sure he loves that car more than his wife and daughter ;). I’m sorry but that’s how much this man loves his car!!! Well maybe equally, to be fair..


The B4ast's Spec:

Engine
Type: EJ20
Cylinders: straight 4 – boxer
Displacement: 1994cc
Maximum gross power: 280ps/4,500 rpm
Maximum net torque: 345Nm

Aspiration
Turbo

Suspension
Front: Bilsteins (stock)
Rear: Bilsteins (stock)

Brakes
Front: 13” Disc – 4 piston (stock)
Rear: 12” Disc – 4 piston (stock 4)

Stock Options
Momo steering
Black/Black full leather
Body-kit

Transmission
Automatic

Performance Upgrades
Forged pistons
Greddy race bearings
Platinum-tip spark plugs
RSK Twin Turbo
STI9 Bypass/blow-off
Pivot voltage stabilizers
Apexi Turbo Timer
Swoosh JDM Electronic Turbo Boost Gauge
4” exhaust barrel

Accessories

Pioneer FHP5000MP double-din (50RMS x 4)
Fusion Subwoofer (400RMS)
Infinity speakers (50RMS for main and 25RMS for Tweeter)
Speedline 16” rims
225 Bridgestone Potenza G3


Well, what you do you think? Nice? I think so too. We should cherish cars like this in SL. Yes, they might not be good on fuel or on practicality but who cares about that when the package looks this good eh? Exactly! I'm yet to drive this to comment on the handling and the accelaration but I'm told it's pretty quick.

I will leave you with some more pics of this B4ast for you to drool over.







I hope you liked my pick of the week. For now I'll be signing off with the hopes of brining yet another beautiful machine very soon!

7 comments:

  1. Just so that you guys know this car has been upgraded to match RSK specs. It is almost there and let's hope we could get the 0-60mph and the 1/4mile times for this car

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, i have driven this car many times and have to say one awsome ride .... one of the best maintained B$ i have seen around -

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answering your second question, no. When you say turbo charged boxer, you can also think Porsche ;)


    And apparently, thats not all :-0
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Vehicles_with_boxer_engines
    Holy Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm.. Interesting.. Well I guess the answer is No then.. Lol.. but I'm quite sure if any of the Porsche's in SL are turbo though.. Maybe the Carrera will have it.. not sure though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join 'Kandy Racing Club' in Facebook,there is a another subaru b4.Recently saw a video speeding to 180kmph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined them. Looks quite interesting. Is it a video from Lanka?

    ReplyDelete