Sunday, April 12, 2009

My beloved AE86 Trueno



Finally I've decided to have a post for my car, my beloved AE86. I bought this baby in October 2008 and it's been quite reliable though it has quite a bit of work to be done on it. Most of the problems came due to the ignornace of the mechanics in SL but hey, that's just a fact of life here.

I've got a few mods done this car:
1. LSD
2. E-brake
3. Intake (Apexi)
4. Exhaust (Greddy barrel)
5. Iridium spark plugs
6. Dampening adjustable shocks

I want to modify her so that she can be used on the track as well as drifting. I'm assuming that a track/drift adaptable car can be easily switched to a drag car as and when needed.

So my planned upgrades are:
1. 20V conversion (blacktop and I'm looking for now still)
2. Brakes
3. Suspension
4. Bushing (prothane kit all-around)

Well that's all I could think of right now. 

I'm sure there's quite a few AE86 fans out there in SL. So I'd love to hear from you guys about your ideas and pics of your cars if you own one as well (even an AE85).


2 comments:

  1. you're not selling this by any chance are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your car? Cool! The first time I saw this car was on the anime Initial D. And this is the main character Takumi Fujiwara's car. I also want to have this car, but first I need to improve my driving skills.

    ReplyDelete